Friday, April 8, 2011

April Reflections - Days 5-7

So during the last few days of the lifestyle experiment pretty much went like this...
  1. Wake up
  2. Sneeze
  3. Cough
  4. Take meds
  5. Drink tea, water, or gingerale
  6. Repeat
In between that cycle I sent a few emails, answered a couple calls, and picked up all of my used kleenex of the floor! Yuck!  Needless to say, my experiment didn't go as planned.  Yet I can say that during a few clear moments I was able to reflect on what was really important to me.  I thought about how many healthy days I haven't maximized to my potential. I can't get that time back....thankfully I BELIEVE that the best is yet to come.

Today, the day after the experiment I felt great! Still have a few symptoms...but I'm getting my groove back.  Oh and that reminds me....perhaps I had another Aha moment! I slept A LOT during my battle with the flu and I was amazed at how refreshed I felt now that I've almost fully recovered.  I think a part of me just needed to shut down for a little while too, my body was responding the stress I put it under. I realized that I often wait until I'm absolutely burnt out or things have gotten so chaotic before I take a break, and that's not healthy....its escapism.  And so I also decided to plan a vacation. I haven't taken a full week long destination vacation in years!  I'm so excited to plan my adventure!

Next, I will still work on the elements of the experiment, and of course along the way I'll be creating my NeoSoul Lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment