Sunday, February 27, 2011

NeoSoul Lifestyle Experiment (Finally...It's Back!)

Its been a long time since I hosted my monthly NeoSoul Lifestyle Experiment...and I realize that its what I miss about blogging the most! The NeoSoul Lifestyle is about evolving and experiencing your life in a new way. As for me, the catalyst for my lifesytle evolution is creative expression. To experience life through my music, travel, art, & food.

If you are new to the monthly NeoSoul Lifestyle Experiment, here's a quick refresher:

The first seven days of the month we take some time to "recover" our lives through simple, yet practical actions, within four key elements; Detoxification, Restoration, Flow, and Karma. As a new twist for 2011, I'll be simplifying each element to 1-2 actions and then we'll layer new actions each month. I'm hoping this will help folks to fully engage in the experiment.

So, more about the four lifestyle elements...
DETOXIFICATION - Defined as a process by which the body/mind/spirit is allowed to free itself. The goal of detoxification is to release and/or neutralize toxins so that the body can heal itself after some type of dependency. Within this element we will remove things from our lifestyle that are inhibiting us from evolving.

RESTORATION - Defined as an act of restoring to an improved condition; a reconstruction of an original form. In contrast to detoxification, we will restore things in our lives that enable us to live the lifestyles we envision.

FLOW - Defined as the ability to move or run smoothly with unbroken continuity, as in the manner characteristic of a fluid; To proceed steadily and easily; To arise. Now THIS is truly the essence of The NeoSoul Lifestyle! What more needs to be said?

Karma - Known as a "deed" or "act" and more broadly names the universal principle of cause and effect, action and reaction, that governs all life. We will utilize this element knowing that we live together in this world interdependently. So, after we detox, restore, and live in our flow...we then time to add positive synergy in our communities.

Monday evening I will be annonucing the plan for the March experiment. I hope you'll join me and share your insights. It is a wonderful opportunity for us to support one another. I am really looking forward to this as I have been on the go, go, GO! I need some time to recover and refresh. I also thought that this would be a great time for people to review their New Years resolutions...have they fizzled? Or are some of you already dreaming of Spring? The season of rebirth, maybe the NeoSoul Lifestyle
Experiment will give you a bit of a head start?!

Oh, one more thing....you can also share your comments about the experiments on Twitter using this hashtag => #NeoSoulXp

Here's to a great March, and the evolution of our NeoSoul Lifestyles!

No comments:

Post a Comment