Tuesday, September 14, 2010

10 Things My Parents Taught Me...(and they still hold true today)

As I keep refining my life, I often find myself trying to create new ways of doing things. Yet lately I am finding that so many of the things my parents taught me can help me create my lifestyle remix. Here's 10 of my favorites!
1. Make your bed before leaving the house
2. Pick out your clothes the night before
3. Change your sheets when you wake up on Saturday
4. Turn off the extra lights in the house
5. Listen to good music
6. Pack your lunch
7. Don't ever say "I can't"
8. Always save some of your paycheck
9. Don't be lazy, take care of business
10. Take care of what you have, before you ask for something else

Hmmm...so simple, yet so powerful. So thankful for my parents...their love and wisdom is the essence of my lifestyle remix!

Reconnect with the life lessons you were taught back in the day...I'd love to hear about them!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

2 comments:

  1. It's good to know that my parents gave me such good advice. I heard so many of these things growing up: making my bed, saving money, taking care of the things I was given, & picking out your clothes at night. I think my life would be so much simpler if I implemented most of these. In fact, I've been thinking about it, and I'm definitely going to go back to these. Wisdom from the elders! Thanks for the post. I have one more specific tip to add: when moving one of your first tasks should be to put together & make up your bed for a good nights' sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True wisdom that stands the test of time. I will be incorporating a few of these in the October Lifestyle Experiment! And...yes, that moving tip is SO TRUE! I've learned the hard way.

    ReplyDelete