Saturday, February 20, 2010

Spread Love Y'all!

This year I keep hearing myself say (or write), "Spread Love Y'all"....and I really feel passionate about it. I've been reflecting on how I've been living and I realized that I had been taking love for granted.....love of God, family, friends, and the simple pleasures of life! I was too focused on not yet having "THE LOVE" of my life. When you live like that, it dulls your spirit. Colors don't seem as bright, music doesn't move you in the same way, food doesn't taste as good. Well, you feel me, right?!

Then I experienced an awakening as I approached the close of 2009, the new year of 2010, and my birthday....and it was simply this. I have a lot of love to give, and I want to express it, live it, and share my life fully and boldly with the world! Why hold it in while waiting for "THE LOVE"? That's just not natural, in fact it felt like I was suffocating. Can you imagine that?

As I experienced this awakening, I then began to look at people in a different way. I saw the dull (and sometimes broken) spirits within them, and I felt their pain. Even if they didn't realize they were experiencing it, I knew...and it saddened me.

My heart spoke to my mind, and I knew I wanted to help others while remixing my own life. So I thought, "What should I do? ". Well I'm no social worker, so I had to keep it simple.....'cause hey I'm new to this Living & Loving thang too!

So here's what I've decided....I will practice random acts of kindness. No sense re-creating the wheel right?! It works! And I've already gotten started, just doing simple things like:

-Smiling (such a small thing, with so much power!)
-Giving away compliments (its free!)
-Greeting strangers with "Hello!", "Good Morning!", or "Have a Good Night!"

Its amazing how good these small things make me feel, and I truly enjoy each day more! And, you wouldn't believe some of the reactions I've gotten! Some people respond with the same cheerfulness, BUT others seem totally shocked, and the most funny are the ones who look at me confused...truly there are some folks out there experiencing love malnutrition! So, I'll continue to drop some healthy doses of dietary love supplements!

So, future posts on this page will highlight my random acts of kindness or those that I receive from folks. I hope you'll be be inspired to join me on this journey! Who knows, maybe the chain impact our kindness will reach one another! C'mon...Spread Love Y'all (and your comments too!)

2 comments:

  1. truly there are some folks out there experiencing love malnutrition!

    Isn't this the honest to God truth.

    Keep up the thoughtful gestures and continue to feel as good as you can possibly feel within.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the affirmation Don! I must say, I am feeling better everyday!

    ReplyDelete