Sunday, December 20, 2009

A New Day...(insert deep breath)!

Ok, so I must admit that I have repeatedly re-read my first post and was tickled to have my 1st comment too! (LOL-I'm such a newbie). Still, each time I read my post the sincerity of it pricked at my heart. Then I would feel a sense of relief...at least I was ready to deal with whatever "this" is.

So what was I was expecting to happen next? A magically glamorous and worldly life as soon a my feet touched the floor this morning? No, I'm a pretty logical gal...but it has hit home that fully experiencing my Neo-Soul Alter Ego begins with me. Yikes!

Today I didn't have anything exciting planned. It was so easy to stay in "because of the snow"...even though it didn't snow at all today! And while I sat on the sofa...it happened. My Neo-Soul Alter Ego whispered and said to me "Let's go out today. Take your laptop to Busboys & Poets, you know you've been wanting to go for brunch...why follow them on Facebook if you're never gonna go?" I thought, hmmm...I should go, BUT (that's right the BIG BUT) its cold, I need to do some cleaning, need to get some work done, gotta cook....blah, blah, blah!

That's when I realized that this metamorphosis will be an eye-opening and sometimes uncomfortable journey. I didn't realize just how much of a stronghold my "ho-hum" life had over me. Luckily my Neo-Soul Alter Ego was being gentle with me, but I have a feeling that won't always be the case (she can be feisty!).

So, today was a reality check. Yes...I have to work, do laundry, cook, and clean...but I'll do what I gotta do so I CAN DO WHAT WE ( me & my Neo-Soul Alter Ego) WANT TO DO!


So what will be my first steps?.....ok, here it is mini-list of Neo-Soul changes for tomorrow:
  • Go to bed at a decent time tonight (10:30pm is respectable right?) and sleep in my bed
  • Exercise for at least 15 minutes in the morning
  • Pray & Meditate
  • Funk out my new hairdo (got it pressed & pin curled on Friday, don't know what to expect!)

Its a start....ahhhhh, I think I sense my Neo-Soul Alter Ego smiling with approval! I don't want to let her down! Send positive thoughts my way...if you're out there!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so proud of you for tackling your bucket list! Keep up the inspiring work! Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work your plan and don't let your plans work you.
    Ava-Carmel Phoenix

    ReplyDelete