Saturday, March 19, 2011

Music: Anthony David

To put it simply..."I love me some Anthony David!"  His soulful and slightly raspy voice simultaneously soothes and stimulates your mind and spirit as you listen to his music.  I can't remember how I got introduced to his music, but its been on heavy rotation ever since I found out about him.  I haven't seen him perform live YET, but I regularly check his tour schedule on his website (Anthony David)  because if he doesn't come to Toronto...I WILL be planning a trip around one of his performance dates!

Until recently my favorite song was "Stop Playin'" from the Acey Duecy album.  By the way if you haven't gotten the album yet, get it!  My new favorite is 4EverMore from his soon to be released (3/22) album "As above, So below" And I absolutely love the video (but I must admit I am so jealous of Algebra Blesset who plays Anthony's wife and is featured on the song along with Phonte)!  Look closely and you'll see cameo appearances from India.Arie and Eric Roberson too.

Let me know what you think!

....Livin' NeoSoul Style

No comments:

Post a Comment